View Single Post
# 1 17-12-2002 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber

New community based idea

ok, i have an idea, its rather complicated and i admit i did take it from another site (user added image ) but its a nice idea user added image
and if it does go ahead, it requires a lot of coding, soz dave user added image
this should make the place more helpful when it comes to maya problems and turn it more into a community based forum

every member starts off with a certain number of points (these cant be "spent" ill get to this later) but when they post a question about maya, they allocate a number of points to that question (1, 2 or 3) and when someone answers taht question sufficiently (the poster will judge the sufficiency, but if the poster said its not sufficient when it clearly is, they'll have points deducted), the answerer receives the number of points the poster allocated, the points are then added to the answers totals and extracted from the posters. this should stop people from posting lots of questions without doin any readin up themselves and more people would provide help instead of sitting around lookin for answers because the points become helpful to you
when you get a certain number of points, you recieve one VIP point for it, and that can be spent in the VIP section for a video download, so the general idea is, you help, SM helps (via videos) user added image
the VIP points must be pretty hard to get as it would be easy for anyone to download videos otherwise

just an idea, what do you lot think?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com