View Single Post
# 3 15-08-2007 , 07:03 PM
Thanks for replying,

I was just selecting the option in the viewport to import an image plane, rather than creating a plane manually and then placing the image on its material - I'll try it your way; I can see how this would give you much more control. The images are from 3d.sk, so fortunately they (generally) line up pretty well already.

Re the image plane dissapearing. When I scale my image just now, it appears to also scale the camera. In my perspective port, I can see the square representing it grow, and the line representing its LOS extend; I think when it extends too much, I am altering it's focal length. So as I move it, its focus extends beyond the plane; why it then does not show the image in extreme close up, I don't know - it seems to look "beyond" it instead. It's as best as I can describe it. I'll try your method, then I'll post up images if I still get the problem.

And yeah, I like the channel box - I've came to Maya from Lightwave and its cool the way it contains all the info about your object and its attributes!

cheers,

gubar.