View Single Post
# 3 06-12-2008 , 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
As far as I know, you can paint up maps to influence the length, baldness etc, check the help for painting fur attributes or something. Get every thing grouped neatly and go make blendshapes so you can animate his eyes. I don't think HDRI is the answer in this situation, as it would require FG all the pains that go along with that, using cooler colors, I think you should do some thumbnail shots for the sake of color studies instead of feeling your way around in the dark (no pun intended user added image). I really wouldn't worry too much about render settings as these are tests, so keep them low. Are you using FG, are AA settings high? Stuff like that, even the settings on lights can increase render times so don't putz around with anything you don't need at the moment.

As a side note, the model doesn't look very much like the concept, I think the model should have a flatter and wider nose. The mouth wasn't modeled well for deformation, as its kinda just cut into the geo instead of following any kinda muscle flow so you will most likely run into issues animating it. Ahh enough rambling from me, good luck on the project.

- Genny