View Single Post
# 1 12-03-2005 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber

Lighting sugestions?

Hi there all,
I have just purchased 70 points, and was looking for tutorials on indoor lighting in detail. I am mostly interested in lighting a room using Maya Software render. I am also interested in how to convert the room lighting into light maps. Eventually my final project will be in shockwave which is very important to use light mapping techniques if you want to include shadows and reflections.

I was thinking of downloading the spider tutorial. I here that it includes lighting though in its' description, it sounds more like it goes into more depth on the modeling and texturing part. I haven't seen any videos in the lighting and rendering section except for light linking. Though this is probably a handy video to have but it doesn't go into details on lighting indoor scenes.

Also as to the basic 3 point lighting tutorial by Mike, I am not sure of this either. Reason being is, it says it is a good tut for all lighting situations, though I wanted to ask what are your opinions on how I could use this for a interacticve indoor scene? Another words, from my experience searching through other tutorials, some of them say that 3 point lighting is only good for still shots. Though once you move the camera then you will need to readjust your lighting.

So all in all, any help would be great.