Thread: Socking?
View Single Post
# 4 18-09-2008 , 01:54 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the input. I have delved further into the tutorial and have finished the body. I took some time to scan ahead in the tute and can see that I will be converting the NURBS model to polys eventually.

I am looking forward to the work. While I have a deep sense of appreciation for the hard modeling I have seen in these and other forums, I am motivated at the moment to learn organic modeling and it's my understanding NURBS modeling will yield some decent products and perhaps add a skill to my tool box.

I searched around some other forums and am coming to the realization that patch modeling is a dying art. I could be wrong though, but there is very little discussion about the subject. In fact, any discussion I could find on the subject were years old.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing NURBS modeling and its various processes existed long before poly modeling arrived on the scene. If that is the case, I'm surprised there aren't more knowledgeable people on the subject.

However, given access to superior tools like ZBrush, I can see how and why the industry has moved on.

I admit that I too am waiting for September 29th and the arrival of ZBrush 3.

cheers!