View Single Post
# 1 01-09-2005 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber

Digital Tutors sucks!

They aren't making any sense. I ordered there maya basics tutorial in electronic download form. I waited for them to send me the download link. 10 hours later I call them and ask what the problem is. They say I can't get the download link because of a conflict with my address and IP.

I gave them an APO address because i'm currently stationed in Iraq. The APO address goes New York where they see that its military and it gets shipped over to me. I told the girl that at customer service.

She said they don't ship to countrys like that. I could probably try and contact a reseller in the UK and have them ship me a copy.

I wanted electronic download because it will take to long to come in the mail. I explained if I order it from the UK. It will still go to New York. Then it will have to go from there to Iraq and it will take atleast a month to get here.

After I told her this. She just sat silent on other side. The said do you have anymore questions?

I said I don't see why my address matters when i'm downloading it. She said it just does...

So I said since i'm in Iraq I can't download the tutorial. Then she said yes. Why can't make an exception for someone fighting for there country?!

Trying to learn maya is the only thing seems to calm my nerves when I get off my 12 hour shift here. I take a shower and fool with maya for a couple of hours and go to sleep.

One top of all of this my account on the Digital Tutors website was deleted!!!!

Thats the main reason why I called them. I keep checking at the site incase some weird download link would pop up. Then all of the sudden when I get in the office at work. I try and log in and it won't let me! I think ok.... I enter in my email address for them to send my login information to me again. Maybe it changed or something. Then it says we have no record of your email address or account.

I asked the girl on customer service about this also and she didn't reply. She just ignored what I said.

I'm so pissed I could actually go and pay for some webpace and get the domain www.digitaltutorssucks.com

Just make it suck even more that i'm in Iraq!

I do have simply maya dvd's. I just ordered all 3 dvd bundle packs today(mad lab, starfighter, and low poly man) .

Plus I have the spitfire set, apache set, organic model1, organic model 2, frog, spider, warrior, and a couple of smaller ones.

I just wanted to get a maya basics tutorial. The one on the gnomon website isn't there anymore since they are making a new one.