View Single Post
# 1 02-09-2005 , 01:38 AM

Unfinished models: civilian and nazi guys (World War 2)

Hi. I´ll post here the WIP I was going to post in my entry to the June/August Challenge.

I don´t know if anyone will be interested on it, but meredith, a user of this forum, suggested it. There is nothing special with the models, and they are still without the wrinkles I planned to put on their clothes. I think I´ll try it in the next week, just for the sake of curiosity and feel of completion. But I can´t swear I will.

Maybe one feel that an interesting thing here is the approach. The way I did things to get the models "done". Some practical tips that I learned from various tutorials on the web and them twisted and mixed together, picking those which I feel more confortable to use.

The first still is the head of the jew civilian. I´ve taken some photo references of a middle-aged man in google. He had an interesting rounded head with a nose that seems like classical greek sculptures, more or less.

You can see by the low poly head in the right that I used a polygonal approach, with the Connect Poly Shape (CPS) plugin for Maya, by Dirk Bialluch (https://dirk-bialluch.mayaring.com/).

The head on the left is just a smoothed version of the one on the right, generated with the help of the plugin, using the options subdvisions 1, mirror X and stitch.

Attached Images