Thread: OEM
View Single Post
# 31 10-08-2008 , 06:10 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by BennyK
And one last thing - a phrase of mine that was ignored:
I wouldn't have gotten a Vista even if it was free and my computer could run it. It has no obvious advantages over XP and so far it has no exclusive software (besides DirectX 10 which is a bit shame since I wanted to see if it's any easier to program games with then 9, but all new games so far have a DirectX 9 version too), and It takes much more RAM, hard disc space and CPU usage constantly.

Lol, My posts are getting bigger and bigger :headbang: . hope somebody bothers reading user added image .
Benny

well i bothered to read it :p it quoted me!

well, i know you said "if you had use for it...." but what i said in response was a reponse in teh case that you actually did have use for it.
of course in the case that the antecedents were false (im starting to speak in philosophy in this post... i'll only explain what antecedents means on request) i would still have said the same thing. but wouldn't have quoted you :p

as for vista vs xp, yeah i dont like the idea that vista takes up so much of your resources...
i heard it need 128mb of your graphics minimum

but then, the support for the 64bit drivers are better for vista than xp

i would say there aren't many games in dx10, but we all know that's a stupid thing to say user added image

in the close future i hopefully plan on getting my friend to get parts and build a pc for me, so i will need to buy an OS

however, i still have free legit access to lots of windows software, like xp64bit and 32bit in both english and japanese and spanish, and vista business and windows server 2003/8 and many other things

it was a $40 well spent to sign up to ieee student membership and a free sausage

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D