View Single Post
# 11 16-11-2010 , 12:11 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks paldav....no its all straight out of my head...no sketches. I sat down and did about 12 of them. I basically was suffering from depression again...so had a few beers and sat down at the lappy. I still have a few more ideas for other ships as yet. I pretty much made a plane...with 4 divs....then just started pulling verts in top view until I sorta got a shape I liked...then I went to side and front and played with the verts some more.

I didnt extrude any of them...if I added a shape...purely 2D so to speak...kinda paper model in feel if you get my drift?? So if I needed a wing or engine etc I would just create CV and go from there.

I was actually thinking of lizards...and thought a lizard based shape would be good. I am trying to get a bat shape in my head as we speak...so yeh animals were my influence I guess...I was thinking of a bobtail (shingle back lizard) when I did the first few...then Cobra...etc, though I think this one is more dolphin/lizard???? dunno.

No there wont be heaps of detail....I basically want it to have 'panels/tiles' if you know what I mean...kinda 60's sci fi skin...which would also represent a reptile...hard to describe but I have it in my head. That will be the hard part...to get that across.

Glad you like it mate, yeh all Maya mate...no I didnt think of drawing. I have actually had more inspiration within Maya itself. I have duplicated the base 3 times and am modelling on one...if I see something...I will duplicate and try it...then attach to the original...but Im open to ideas for sure..thanks mate

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes