View Single Post
# 2 08-03-2004 , 03:49 PM
Sounds like your Ik's are not sticky..... select all the Ik handels on the foot > open the attribute editor> open IK handle Attributes> find stickiness> make sure it has sticky selected.

Also make sure you are selecting the ROOT handel for moving his body forward and the UPDOWN handel for moving up and down. The handel called SKELLY is for flipping all the model around and upside down.

That sticky option was added in Maya 5, and the model was done in maya 4.5... its a pain but thats how you fix it.

As far as the body moving forward their is a expression on the foot control... If you dont want the body to stay centered as you move one of the feet... select one of the feet and in the channel box you will see OUTPUTS..... find "center pelvis" and switch it to HAS NO EFFECT from normal. That will stop his body centering over his feet. You will have to manually move his root to center when you go to animate wiht that option off.

Let me know if that did the trick.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb