View Single Post
# 3 22-07-2004 , 10:45 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by jsprogg
The only thing to bear in mind is to keep it as simple as possible as you start and try not to get to dense a mesh..you can then add detail once you have the model roughed out to shape and size.

I know exactly what you mean about keeping it simple, it pays off so much as time goes on.

At the moment I have been inspired by the various Fighters and bombers models to try and make my own. Due to habit I seem to be making the wings from NURBS cylinders. They are looking great along all the edges, but they are not closed off at either end (at least not looking decent, never a smooth curve).

For a wing of a plane, should I be using the NURBS cylinder at all? I've tried using things like poly spheres and crushing them down into a flater surface, but when I then want to tweak the shape I find I'm swammped by to many vertex's!! user added image

Am I missing a really easy way to do a fully rounded simple wing shape? I've also tried lofting a series of CV curves, but the less said about what they looked the better............ :p