View Single Post
# 3 19-05-2006 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
i like learning tools and then going from there ..nurbs modeling is great. I have purchased over 25 dvds so far and I am just learning ...it is not about quanity i believe ..more quality. I like dvds that focus on one thing and go to it tell the end ...and not rush . length of dvd doesnt matter ... i like techniques and why you did it ..that way I can apply it to other things ..alot of tutorials i have bought and watched ..I have not learned anything but to just copy and mimic ...I dont know why they used the tool and when not to use it ..or why they did it this way ...or my favorite ..there are other ways to do it ..but what is the most effective way ...and they just do one way and not explain why they did it that way ...but hey this is just my opinions ..I love the tutorials i have bought from here ..I have to say ones here I have learned the most from any ...even other companies ...but yes I still buy to learn most of everything ..

also i know you said hard surface ..one thing i have not seen is how to take pictures of real animals and put it in maya and go from there ...but that is just me maybe i have not seen the right one ...what I like learning are like castles and buildings and just animals or objects and go from there ...I am not talking how to put a reference picture in ..I am talking from photoshop to scale it correct and then put the image plane in maya

i do like modeling animals I have to admit ..real ones like simple to butterfly to hard ones , aka lion .

hard objects ..anything .... shoot the pen you made is awesome to me and your segway ...all good things I would love to learn . Castles like stated earlier just sillie simple stuff ... oh and your cars are just something to awe at ..but that is too advanced for me lol well as of now .

not sure if this helps or not

Last edited by mmoore5553; 19-05-2006 at 11:39 PM.