View Single Post
# 9 26-05-2006 , 12:20 AM
Thanks for all the input, it's given me lots to think about. I particularly like the ideas on the format and presentation, as I agree that every DVD tutorial should look professional.

I think that I'll probably go with a heavily menu driven DVD, with shorter specific lessons, building up to a medium sized project. The shorter lessons will focus on the things that I've been asked the most how to do. For instance, creating cut-lines for NURB's car models, use of all the NURBS tools, producing clean nuts and bolts in just seconds, creating clean wheels/tires, etc.. I'd also like to point out the strengths of NURBS over polys, and the situations where a poly modeler might consider using NURBs instead of polys. Also, it would cover the tricky aspects of using NURBs, such as continuity, tolerance, surface tesselation, and render considerations. All these "tools" videos would each be selectable in a quick menu format, kinda like a visual user manual.

The final part of the DVD would focus on producing a professional looking model, and a little on rendering (although I'll probably want to make a whole other DVD for rendering). Nothing crazy, but a medium difficulty model that is modeled for accuracy, something like the rolex watch I made, for example. The last thing I want though is for this to turn into a step-by-step, here's how you model a "(insert random object here)", as I personally don't learn anything fom that approach.

Bottom line is that I would like people to come away from my tutorial being better modelers, not just having one single better model, if you know what I mean. Keep the suggestions coming, and thanks again!