View Single Post
# 13 18-04-2011 , 02:03 AM
So i had a long reply to this... then realized i way over thought it... so heres the summary:

COD has a LOT of problems. Hit detection, horrible server problems., generic weapons that are simplified and dumbed down for the sake of balance resulting in problems like the combat knife being one of the most powerful weapons in the game...

Battlefield has some of the same problems as COD but because of the massive scope and levels of the game they arent as noticeable. It feels more like warzone than COD, which feels more like a home invasion gone wrong most of the times. The inclusion of "spotting" enemies and bulletdrop add a lot to the game.

COD dos have some perks. Its face paced combat and leveling system always give you something to work for where Battlefield can get stale after a while without any constant upgrades and breakthroughs.

I agree FPS games have gotten stale for years. I think Borderlands was one of the last really great ones i played and even it was plagued with issues.

One key thing i think should be involved in any game, i dont think there is any thing as too much customization. Which both of these games lack.

But long story short, Battlefield wins and Battlefield 3 is looking very nice.