View Single Post
# 2 11-10-2005 , 12:21 AM
i thought i'd give my opinion on the matter since a few years ago...i myself was an 18 year old university student studying (what else) electrical engineering..i really didn't like it but i continued for a while only to lose not only time but also a lot of money...now..i didn't know i wanted to go into 3d at the time but i knew i didn't want to be an engineer...if you really don't see yourself being an engineer you shouldn't continue (in my opinion of course)....you can't force yourself to do something for the rest of your life...or you simply won't be happy......
as for 3d animation.....how long have you been into 3d?...before investing a lot of money by going to some VERY expensive school (and trust me..they are pretty pricey)...I would make SURE 3d is for you..it's not for everyone.....play around with it..try some tutorials..books..etc...then i would recommend going to school...and that's ur first step to getting into the industry....(i'm in my final months at school so i can't tell you much more than that..but from what i've seen...it's a good idea to go to school and learn 3d rather than learning it on your own)..anyways..that's my opinion.....good luck with your decision and future actions