Thread: Shinou gundam
View Single Post
# 7 30-10-2008 , 01:24 PM
Subscriber
Gect: i think i need to understand more about particle emitters... i only know how to make them emmit from a source... i didn't know you could give them a goal :nod:

zico: i know you can change the shape of particles to models you have already constructed, what should happen when the particles reach the panels is that the panels start to glow
this will need to have some compositing work on it which means render layers i must have user added image
but, i know about this funky blackhole material now that i didn't know before, and that will be useful

ok, so here's the first part
gun shape got blocked out and i drew the parts on with edges and totally destroyed any topology user added image

i found that i have a few 5-edge faces and verts wtih five faces and so maya can't figure out the edge loops, which for something as blocky like this i think it shoudl be able to do

so i'm going to have to work on the topolgy

also, in this screen shot i bring your attention to the firing part of the gun

the gun has three circles as part of it's design (not to mention that the jutted out part at the back is meant to be smooth and round which i'm only partially getting...) and i'm not too sure of how to hand that
circled in red is what i have so far, i tried to trace along the edges and i have 5sided faces and faces that don't belong to any aparent loop...

whats a good way of sticking a cirle into a block?

Attached Thumbnails

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D