Thread: Grey Screen
View Single Post
# 1 03-02-2009 , 12:31 AM
Subscriber

Grey Screen

I've been searching online, asking questions about the grey screen and most people say that the problem is either a video card problem or far and close plane clipping.

However I discovered that in my case the problem is that the cameras themselves automatically translate themselves by the thousands and zoom out whenever I switch views. Now, in the case of perspective all i have to do is zoom in enough(like 5 seconds of zooming in) to reach the objects and the grid. In the case of the orthographic views I have to fix the translation and then zoom in.

Another fix I have for this is first selecting an object via a different panel that isn't affected by the grey screen and then switching views on the panel with the grey screen. That usually focuses the camera on the object and doesn't let it translate itself.

However, i would prefer not having to go through all that hassle just to keep the camera near the grid and my objects. The cameras I'm talking about are the default cameras. Top, Side, Back, Front and Pers.

Are there any setting that might make the camera act this way. This usually starts happening halfway through a project.

Thanks

*What's the problem? read above
*What happened when the problem occured? read above
*What were you doing when the problem arose? read above
*What are your system specs? I'll get back to you on that.
*What version of Maya are you using? Maya 2009

Last edited by YanniusX; 03-02-2009 at 12:37 AM.