View Single Post
# 7 24-01-2007 , 03:31 AM
thanks for the advice guys, it's helping me to focus on what is right and what will be best in the long term.

gster123 & arran - yeah I was torn between a course that started last september and this one that starts february. In the end I held out for this while I could get everything together and sorted but it hasnt come off. I agree with you about finding as much out about the alternative course as it might not end up pushing me in the right areas.

Holding off till september (again) seems a long way off at the minute but it is a good consideration as it'll give me another 8 months of experience and work. I'm based in sheffield but have no problems commuting quite a lot to other places such as bradford, leeds, manchester, birmingham, nottingham, derby etc as the train system is central and I've been using it to leeds and back every day for the last couple of years.

Doing a course at escape (or similar) does sound good on the surface but I dont know whether it justifies the amount of money you pay and then for temporary accomodation/living during the time too. Especially as I'm thinking that in some areas you will probably end up going over some things you have already self taught yourself. If you are really good then it *may* get you into contact with someone who is looking for what you can deliver but its like gambling with your money - a high risk endeavour...

arran - bad luck with your girlfriend and the same thing happening, it really hits hard when you've prepared for ages to put your all into it to then have it removed at the last minute user added image hope she's sorting herself out and getting back on track with things.

I'll go and have a look at the alternative course on Friday and see if it hits any right notes and think things over more.
Thanks again guys, you are definitely a big help!
Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net