View Single Post
# 177 28-08-2008 , 04:48 PM
Subscriber
well in a way you already seem to be aware of what i mean.., pissing contest.., CGI now reminds me of the 70s and became worse in the 80s.., when it was.., who is the fastest guitar player and people forgot the art.., until it became no art at all.., just a way to vent for most.

this ia all just MHO of course.

some of the forums.., its a real test of patience as people vent their sarcasm, and its usually those who are very good at their craft and are anoyed with 'beginners' questions.., or even being told something in disagreeable.., as if one can not be curious or have an opinion.., .., groups of the 'cool' and such .., and who is the best compositor, the best modeler, ect.., people actually get angry when you (me) suggest a correction (not demand one). i dont know.., im disillusioned with it all i think.

its just me.., i guess people want to be the best at their craft.., fare enough.., but at times.., its like those who are on top look down and are very 'confident'.., im talking about the professional world.., 'simply maya' is a friendly place.., i like to come here.., because a lot of other forums are very clicky and i just dont get it. user added image

dont know if any of that makes sense.., but i never had the same feeling from the pencil and piant days.., it was more one for all and all for one.., now its usually (because of the money maybe) one for one and all for me.

as for drawing.., wish id kept it up too.., now it will take a while to get back to where i was.., and whats worse now im being pulled in many many directions to the point of being somewhat lost.

take it easy and life will be easy