View Single Post
# 9 16-12-2009 , 10:11 PM
thanks h.h. I have been liking the phong material lately (smile).

legend thanks. I will set up my messenger account asap.

gster - yes, I agree steven's stahlberg's work is exceptionally good and I was thinking of his stuff when I saw this models topology. More importantly I wanted to do the video to show all the parts of the process where pattern selection would be nice to have in maya.

Although the bottle cap is a very simple object I found it challenging when I tried to model it just using the image of the topology that was posted on the luxology tips and tricks section. I originally started with a 132 sided cylinder and worked down to 33 and it was very inefficient in maya. The final method was based on something I saw over at luxologies page that I modified a bit for maya vs. modo.

So I thought it might be something worthy of posting. I hope it will be something helpful.

I have had an interest in Modo lately but to be honest I am too comfortable with Maya's workflow to want to switch. I would rather see some of Modo's powerful selection abilities and other features added into Maya's tool set, so I am taking any opportunity to make a shameless plee. Maybe it might catch someone at Autodesk's attention.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 26-12-2009 at 05:15 PM.