View Single Post
# 5 10-10-2003 , 04:09 PM
Okay.... yet another question then... what particle effects can I achieve using Maya Complete? ... like can I make fire, waterfalls, rain, tornados, etc. Just give me an idea of what kind of effects I can expect to achieve. I still haven't taken the time to learn about particles so I know very little about their uses. user added image

Can you achieve better or more particle effects in Unlimited... like can you do spray in complete but only in unlimited can you do an ocean surface? Or if I wanted to create fields of swaying grass it could only be done in Unlimited?

I guess what I've been getting at is what are the real advantages of Unlimited? Could someone write plug-ins that mimic those of Unlimited in Maya Complete? Or does alias have it set up so that those types of plugins only work in Unlimited. I mean I don't think Pixar used the fur plugin for Monsters Inc. They must have written their own.

Also (sorry about all these questions, I like to be well informed on such an expensive software purchase. ) Are there better rendering options in Unlimited or is Complete just as good as far as that is concerned?

If I'm getting annoying let me know... I'm just interested in getting a good deal. I don't wan't to feel sorry later.