View Single Post
# 7 13-08-2005 , 08:45 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by BMS
azimuth,

So you're telling me every forum board you've signed up to, you have fully read the agreement user added image.......

Well, Im not 100% sure of what you mean, but when it comes to forums I certainly try to read all the obvious posts first, sticky's and thread with titles like "READ HERE FRIST".

Then it seems pretty obvious (well to me anyway) to search for answers to questions I may have. There are very few original questions anymore, anywhere. There is a very good chance that if I have a question on Maya, then somone else has probably asked that same question on this board or others (google search), and got a satisfactory answer.

Originally posted by BMS

.... You will find as people get more posts under there belt this will be less of an issue. No matter what ideas you come up with, you're never going to make a newbie forum board user an expert.

It is the life cycle of firstly asking easy questions, then onto more indepth questions, and actually answering easy questions for others from time to time, as the board member becomes more experianced. But practically every forum has a search, and to me it seems lazy and discourtious to not use the facilities put out in plain view.

Again not meaning to be at all personnal or harsh, but asking questions without doing at least the tinyest little bit of research on your own first, strikes me as a little bit like a petulant child insisting that everyone else do the work for them.

I must reiterate again, this is in no way personnal, I have recently realised in the real world and on the net a huge proportaion of people are far more lazy than I thought, and would prefer to always ask others to do thier work for them, without showing the tinyest bit of effort themelves - and that really bugs me.

Anyway, it seems I sound like a grumpy old man! It my little grudge to bare and should'nt take it out on you kind folks user added image