View Single Post
# 14 10-04-2003 , 05:14 AM
Subscriber
Hey bud i was gone all today, but now i can see if i can help user added image. Anyways, its nice to have a (\/) and a )v( on this board user added image... lol. Anyways, its not like i would of freaked at you if you spelt the m like )v(... its not licenced to me user added image. Anyways, as for the model.. the base is really looking good now, along with the sader and whatnot user added image. Just, the brass seems to merge into the base too weird and leaves a real weird effect, it almost looks like the man isnt attatched to the base, but floating above it. I dont really know how to fix this.. other than add something around the 3 pillars for his legs and chair user added image.

As for the nut, i would start off with a poly cube, and get a big nut refrence up on a poly plane. Then subdivide and pull to get the exact shape and while making the nut, do not smooth the edges user added image. Then i would just tweak the edges to look like the nut, and then boolean out a circle. I dont know exactly how to do a boolean, as i used to do it in max user added image. It shouldnt be too hard though, do a search for boolean in the help files user added image. Other than that, the strands arent as important for now, you can do something with a bumpmap later on to make the thread. Then i would poly split a lot all around and just make dings in the nut, like its a bit old.. i would do that to your washers and head user added image. Just an idea. Anyways, really coming along nice! If you need a bit of an example of what i mean, let me know.. i would be happy to make a quickie to show ya user added image. Cya.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com