View Single Post
# 7 23-08-2006 , 01:38 PM
wow, that blueprints site is excellent! I have really wanted to model some things I could never find ortho blueprints of, but now I can!

Anyway, u have any more good sites with very detailed precise references of military vehicles, soldiers, and guns???

well, it depends on what you want them for. If you are modeling something modern ( by your approval of the blackhawk, I would assume you are) with mostly ground combat with helicopters to bring troops in, then you should probably include some tanks (depending on the scale of your conflict). I am not a tank and armored vehicles expert, but I think the M1-A1/A2 Abrams are both good and common army tanks, you can try "googling" that or look for pics on the blueprints website. In the way of soldiers, I would start with getting a good model of a human with a working bone structure. The search for something like "special forces equipment" on google or froogle. As for weapons, most of your soldiers will carry a M4 carbine, as it is an automatic, highly customizable assault rifle. You can equip it with a bipod or grenade launcher on the lower rail, a silencer, various kind of sights on the top rail- most anything a soldier will need for various types of combat. A sniper will use the m24 socom sniper rifle or the m82 sniper, as well as an m9 pistol. Keep in mind that the sniper travels with a spotter, who carries a m4 carbine to cover the marksman. The sniper and spotter alternate positions every once in a while (this may be more information that you need, but oh well). Also, just so you know, an army is usually composed of units, in which there are 8-12 soldiers. This will consist of 1 weapons seargant; combat medics; a suad leader; the fire team leader; some grenadiers (these will carry m4's with a grenade launcher attached); riflemen(they have semi-autos like the m16); auto riflemen (they use an automatic, high powered machinegun like the m249 saw (squad automatic weapon)); and a sniper (advanced marksman). I hope I have neither fallen short of your needs nor melted your brain with sensory overload. Good luck with your project, and please show it to us when it's done!