View Single Post
# 38 07-06-2007 , 09:17 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Mat

No, I dont mind you asking. But I dont work on Striker anymore, I had a bit of a falling out there after a situation arose, so I left and now I work at The Sun newspaper in London, but now Im doing the Premier 3d cartoon for their website. Its pretty much like Striker in the way that its about football players and their day to day stuff, but we like to think its better in terms of overall feel. And its not as predictable either. We use Maya and Ps all day everyday there too which is great!!

If you are interested in seeing it, you can go to www.thesun.co.uk and visit their fun and games section or go directly to www.redparkcity.co.uk theres a good archive section there to view from a while back, but we dont store it all online other wise its too much. But the great thing is its all free!! (unlike striker) It has downloads (papers) by myself which Im quite proud of as I built it those characters from scratch, and am continuing with new characters as I speak. If though, the artwork looks dodgy in places, just bear in mind that 2 pages are produced by one person in around 8 hours or less just to get it out for deadline!!

As for comments from my dudes at work over Outlaws, they like it, so they say, but another two are working on their own online comics. One is in 2d at www.maxgorilla.com its just brilliant, I love it. The other guy is doing a 3d one but hes not quite ready yet, but hes threatening us with it for the end of Summer!

Anyways I hope this little blast doesnt bang on...

Cheers
Jay