View Single Post
# 1 23-10-2003 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber

3 Newb Questions Thanks

Hey Everyone,

Ok I'm a 3dmax user making the transition to maya. I've followed a few of the freebie tuts and have a couple questions.

1. I created and saved a layout for a front and side view for obvious use in rotoscoping objects from image planes. I want to set up a hotkey for this but I can't seem to find my layout in the hotkey editor. Why?

2. In setting up image planes I checked out the dragon tutorial and have noticed that I could also set up image planes through the viewport camera atribute editor. My question is I like the polygon plane method as you can use layers. But the image plane doesn't match the bitmap and so when I scal the object I get stretching. In max there was a script called rotoscript that would create a image plane the same size of the bitmap so that the proportions are correct, how do I do this in Maya?

3. This may seem crazy, but I cant find in the edit polygon menu or found a way yet to bevel edges. Example I want to create a cube but not use the smooth option and create a nice cude or any mechanical surface with rounded edges. Ideas?

Thanks alot and may I just say I'm blown away by what Maya can do as a complete package it makes me feel like in comparison to 3dsmax like I was playing with legos.

Grayth