View Single Post
# 10 17-05-2006 , 07:43 PM

Originally posted by bcrichplayer
dannyngan
Just wondering how you first entered the game/animation industry.eg qualifications, amount of jobs around(background stuff)

I studied animation and design in college, applied for a job at a local game company after I graduated, and got hired the same day I did the interview. I spent most of my college career studing and practicing traditional hand-drawn animation, stop-motion animation, graphic design, and video production. Lots of non-computer work.

I didn't really do any 3D work until my last couple of years of school, and, even then, it was mostly on my own time. I already had background in traditional and stop-motion animation, so the transition to 3D character animation didn't take me long at all. Plus, back in the mid-1990s, 3D software wasn't too terribly complex compared to today's versions, so it didn't take nearly as long to learn how to use software.

I also had several friends already working in the game industry, so they put in some good recommendations for me. That really helped me in getting my first job.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job