View Single Post
# 50 02-05-2010 , 02:56 PM
Subscriber
@ Steve on Quantum entanglement

Your question was how do we get the new particles to point B.
My question is, once the new particals are @ point b, having been entangle d with the particals that made my body and being up while i was living, as they are 'activated' and since it took well over 1000 years to get said particals to the destination, once i am reformed out of those particals at that point, have i not then cheated death, having been reborn By something on the order of 1,000,000 years after my death?

@ bullet on spacial coordinate calculations.
Doppler effect is used to tell the speed and distance of an object, But its based on light, not sound. so it is referred to Blue shift and red shift, Blue shift indicated that a mass or body is traveling towards us, such as the Andromeda galaxy ( due to collide with the Milky way in some 2 billion years ) Red shift, indicates moving away ( Basically all of the objects in the outer observable universe are red shifted ) ... one can also use this to determine their distance, and direction ( the math involved is above my head, i just take their word for it lol )

To answer your statement about how we can determine where to shoot something so far away. Well, #1, you have to remember that the universe is...well very large, so we can theoretically take a back site that is 14 billion light years, and remember that is basically 14,000,000,000 * c
calculating the probable location, ( or expected location if the object no longer exists) would not be an issue for us with the current knowledge of shifted light and a spectral analysis of said object.
you must consider that the Mayan's were able to calculate the length of our year to within 2 hours of the current best calculation.
Weather the object we used as a back site still does or does not exist, is not an issue, since we will not be traveling towards it.
all of the above statements can be taken in reverse for the object being traveled to.

@ steve, that bastard took away our moonshot?
I hate him now....disliked him first, hate him now.
First they take away the T.P.F. which was a big pisser in its self, now the moon? that's Bull. The largest untapped source of green energy in the ...well in our current reach, exists on the moon....easily obtainable, Everything needed to convert large portions of the moons surface into solar panels, not to mention creating the largest wind turbines ever seen to capture and convert the solar wind into power is right there.
Then you have to think that if someone gets off their ass, builds the space elevator, and gets us set up for in expensive trips into space ( oddly i have seen figured that the space elevator would cost about as much to launch and get set up, as 3 conventional space launches. so why haven't we done it yet? or made plans to do it? )

There are Natural gas reserves within our reach that would power the earth for hundreds of hears, while we developed more green technology, Hell we could even use Co2 scrubbers to assist in cleaning our atmosphere, and toss them at Venus, I assure you, we will not do any harm to that planet LoL!
H20 reserves waiting to be tapped about 1.2. Asteroids that could be mines easily.......basically if we spent the money to take the step to make the explorations, we could easily solve many many of our problems, but the people who make the decisions are stuck with the here and now, selfishly concerned about what their bottom line is, and don't give a flying duck shit about the future of our children, or the planet.
I firmly believe that the survival of the human race will be determined in the cosmos, not on this planet.

K, I'm done.

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!