View Single Post
# 3 30-01-2010 , 01:57 PM
Subscriber
No Dave. No dragons. (allelujah!!) No Ive started seeing some improvements in that picture already, but Im definitely gonna let it go way into the background for a while...

...Was almost gonna use that image as a billboard advertisement on one of the skyscrapers in this, but that would have been impulsive and foolish user added image

Ive been painting over this, and I believe I could take it further, but Im gonna listen to my instinct about the lack of scale and boring composition....

But I do kinda like the style.

... So...Im back to thinking how to include it as some part of a larger picture, ala dragon island. or perhaps I should take this as just prep work and build a fresh base in Maya. My imagination has become a bit stunted I feel. Ive been looking at concept art.org for some inspiration, which has helped a little. Just dont really know how to go about achieving the kind of scale im after.... hmmm...

Im getting annoyed by the pixel aspect ratio setting in photoshop squashing my renders when I import them, having to turn it off, and also how this image actually changed pixel dimensions from my render settings in Maya when I opened it in Photoshop. I think maybe I need to learn what device aspect ratios and pixel aspect ratios are and how the settings can differ between programs before I get to stuck in... Can anyone who knows anything in this area shed some light?

But heres an update.

Attached Thumbnails