View Single Post
# 1 12-04-2003 , 07:07 PM

Maya directory help -->

Hope someone can work this out.

I save all my Maya work in the following path: C:\Documents and Settings\chris\My Documents\maya. There I have the folders 4.0, projects, scripts, and the files mayaRenderLog.txt and mayaLog.

For some reason Maya has automatically created the path: C:\Documents and Settings\chris\maya. It has all the same folders as the above, but I don’t save the projects here, but Maya saves all shelves in this part [4.0\prefs\shelves].

I moved all the shelves to the 4.0\prefs\shelves section that I save my project in, reloaded them and deleted Maya directory C:\Documents and Settings\chris\maya., but when I load up Maya again, it reappears, with the shelves now in both directories.

So what I want is save all Maya projects, shelves and MEL’s in C:\Documents and Settings\chris\My Documents\maya. I want that to be the main directory and not like it was before: projects in C:\Documents and Settings\chris\My Documents\maya. and shelves and MEL’s in C:\Documents and Settings\chris\maya.. I need to permanently delete that directory…I don’t need it.

I know this may sound confusing so just ask if you want me to explain something better

Help is very appreciated user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....