View Single Post
# 1 09-04-2012 , 01:41 PM
Subscriber

Low Poly dairy asle

Hi there, it has been awile since I have been here, but I am hoping this time I will be having more time to spend here. To start with, I need to ask a question. I am designing low poly shopping mart for my game I would like to develop. The goal is for the player to pick up a few things from a shopping list for survival. I am in the process of trying to design a dairy asle including refrigerators with doors as oppose to dairy cases. I thought I could create a a higher res refridgerator with actual models of milk, eggs, orange juice, etc, and then bake it to my low polygon refrigerator. My problem I have come to is with creating the flouresent tube lights that are attached to the sides of the refrigerator. I did a little bit of research on google and found out that this type of method deals with Mental Ray and Photons. I tried following the steps from this tutorial but I am not sure what the sample settings mean and do and how much vaules are appropriate. For example, why am I setting the high samples to 12 and not 6 or 30 or whatever, and why am I to enter 2 for the high sample limit as oppose to 7 or 1 etc.