Thread: Your First Post
View Single Post
# 32 19-10-2008 , 07:45 PM
Funny, I had thought my first post was asking about the best way to model a Pagoda roof but apparently that came later. Here's my first...2002...nice:

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...&threadid=2436

Took me a few minutes to remember what I was trying to model. I had bought this book by Mark Giambruno back in the 90s called 3D Graphics and Animation: From Starting Up to Standing Out way before I ever had the opportunity to touch any 3D software but it was the direction I wanted to get into when I left the pro audio world and got into the computer world....the fact that things detoured from 3D to web work is another story. But I digress...When I took up 3D as a hobby, Maya 4 had just come out and so I pulled out the old tome and was trying to come to grips with modeling so I was trying to build the "bladerunner" styled blimp from the book, though it was done in 3D studio R4, iirc. The clover shape mentioned in my old thread was to extrude the blimp. I still remember starting out with NURBS/curves/surfaces and trying to use them for everything (not knowing any better)...yikes.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."