View Single Post
# 17 16-12-2010 , 07:50 AM
Hi,

I am from Hong Kong originally, now living in Brisbane Australia. Love my Mangas and traditional 2-D cel animation, while studying I had a 3 month unit/component on 3-D and thats when I joined this site. Did next to nothing with Maya for 2 years and only rediscovered it a few months back, now it consumes ALL my spare time. Learning lots from the friendly people here, ask lots of questions and David Nilla and others havent told me to bugger off yet. user added image

I have what I reckon is a terrific story concept, just not sure what I'm supposed to do with it now. Before I studied 2-d Animation I believed I could single handedly animate this three part epic 'Masterpiece' myself.. (Had started making it a Graphic Novel) I'm also a member of several writers forums- I'm even less gifted at writing so it probably won't be a finished screenplay anytime soon either. I realise I'm pretty delusional but I'm going to continue writing it as A Novel/A manga/A screenplay and at the same time I'm using Maya to build sets which I am drawing my chars into- hoping to have a rough but finished Animatic within the next 3 years... I'm none to optimistic at the moment but I'm enjoying myself immensely and who knows...

I havent 'Mastered' Poly modelling by any stretch, but am at the stage where I feel I can model pretty much everything I need to. -sigh- ONLY got texturing rigging animating lighting rendering and a half dozen other steps to come to grips with. user added image