View Single Post
# 1 14-06-2003 , 06:21 AM
Subscriber

Unusual Hypershade Nodes

Well, I'm finally getting into creating my own complex shaders, but I'm running into trouble real quick. Some nodes can't be created in hypershade by just going to the Create list and selecting them. If you've ever downloaded shaders and graphed them out, you've seen things like "time" nodes, "translateX" nodes, and nodes with X='s on them. All of these are actually attributes found in the attribute editor for objects.

Amazingly, I figured out how they make some of them. If you want something like a locator node to appear in hypershade, you simply select it, then choose (in hypershade) Graph>Add Selected to Graph and poof your locator node appears. I had no idea shape nodes and the like could be used for shaders until now, so I am really interested in it all.

The question is not "how do you get certain nodes into hypershade," but "where can you find nodes like "time," translateX/Y/Z, etc.?" I have tried displaying certain nodes in the hypergraph, but can't seem to find a way to do that in order to select them. I have tried selecting attributes in the channel box like translateX, then choosing "add selection to graph" but that does not work either. I have a few shaders with these nodes if you're completely lost as to what I'm talking about. Any ideas?

www.Darkware3D.com