View Single Post
# 119 17-10-2009 , 06:59 AM
Sorry the texturing is taking forever. I am having to learn how to use photoshop pretty much from scratch. So I have been watching and reading all the photoshop tutorials I can lay my hands on.

So that I can get some kind of forward motion on this I decided to do some paint overs to help me with the texturing starting with rivets, panel lines, access hatches, and latches. I was hoping to be able to project the details onto the model using one of my 3d paint applications.

Please let me know what you think of the layout?

I am a nub when it comes to painting and using photoshop so I have to figure out how to paint all the details like panel lines, latches, hatches, rivets, hinges which I guess I will need to use color and bump maps.

To do:

1. Do some paint scheme paint overs

2. Figure out how to get the paint over stuff from photoshop onto the model.

3. Continue to learn to paint in photoshop. Need to learn techniques for painting panel lines, hatches (raised and sunken), latches, rivets.

4. color maps, add decals, add grunge, bumps, specs...

What is the difference between a bump map and a normal map? I know that a displacement map actually tessellates at render time and that a bump map simply gives the appearance of depth by playing tricks with light, but I don't know how normal a map differs?

Here is my paint over for the panel lines, rivets, hatches, and latches details. Please let me know what you all think?

Attached Thumbnails

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 06-11-2009 at 10:32 PM.