View Single Post
# 253 05-01-2010 , 09:24 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
edit: two of you have posted since I started writing (internet problems) so please take that in to account

I think you may be looking at it wrong though, you say they have a more active side which causes them to be more artist or more logical. But you have to consider that because they are being logical they are using there left side more, so of course it will show more activity.
What I'm trying to say is that it could well be the other way around. Not the increased brain activity causing the behavior, but the behavior causing the brain activity.

'its the same basic principle as we all know some people have no common sense, they are book smart but not street smart, some people have no sense of humor, ect, its all based upon the persons brain development and activity throughout their life. so current scientific principles and theories state anyway. '

You say it is based on their activity throughout their life. So surly this includes someone doing artistic things that can help develop their artistic side

Much mathematics isn't about learning facts and formulae, it's the ability to think. You can't learn it from a textbook, you get better at it by doing it and I see no reason why you cannot do the same for maths

I know some VERY 'logically inclined' (almost Vulcan like) people but I have seen them get better at some creative things when they want to, they just never really bothered. One starting having music lessons, and he is now writing what seems to be quite good pieces, where as before he started he was hopeless. I don't just think it's knowledge of the theory that has helped him, he has a much better sense of rhythm and timing and these are clearly skills he has acquired and wasn't born with.

I'm not saying genetics doesn't play a role but I don't think it means someone is completely incapable of art

I believe it is nurture rather than nature. You can still improve but if you are reading this then by now it will be much harder for you to do so than it would have been if you were pushed that way when you were little
I still think you can become an artist no matter who you are. If I didn't believe it then I would never have started 3D

https://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/as28g11/

Last edited by elephantinc; 05-01-2010 at 09:38 PM.