View Single Post
# 13 25-06-2010 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber
The sunlight looks really convincing in your pic Genny. I notice that there are several objects without textures and largely (if any?) bump mapping... After my first kitchen attempt it's made me realise how all these parts are all so much a part of the whole. Love the look and feel of the light on the plant, and the slight streaking effect as the sun falls across that back wall. Will you take part in any more of J Birn's lighting challenges? The pic of yours that really impressed me was one in your cg society portfolio. It has lot's of gold in it. Have to check it out again when I get longer to sit down, just a passing visit this.

by the way..is that a 'Ninja Scroll' poster on the wall? The one on the right?

Ive been taking my first look at caustics today. Thought I'd post this. Its obviously nothing special, but it's probably the first render I've ever done that has that 'Maya' look to ituser added image Loving the feel and quality of lighting you get with object based lighting and final gather. Im starting to get ideas for scenes, like my bee scene from last year, but improved modelling, improved texturing, perhaps some zb work, and then on top of that using these new lighting and rendering ideas and all finished off with some matte painting type techniques in PS. Watch this space! user added image

Attached Thumbnails