View Single Post
# 102 06-03-2004 , 03:05 AM
Ankalagon:

This would be my 3rd Maya project ever. It is the first organic project I have done using the SM tutorials.

My second project was an inorganic model of a Tie Fighter (another SM tutorial project)

Model: https://home.comcast.net\~rmulawa\may...nterceptor.rar

Image attached.

The first project I tried in Maya was a nurbs model I started but did not complete of my nephew. This was a tad to ambitious for a first project but I hope to return to it and complete the modeling, texturing and rigging.

Nurbs human model thread: https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=10591

I have used Maya for a grand total of maybe 9 weeks on and off (the last 2 of those being this Dragon model). I have absolutely zero experience with UV layout, texturing, rigging or compositing.

I did work for SGI for 5 years and I spent a lot of time watching professional modelers, and I read a couple books on 3D modeling.

As for my next project?

I think it will be something organic. I am trying to find some reference material to work with atm. Aside from the nurbs model attempt of my newphew all my projects have been based on sm reference art.

I am trying to self teach myself to draw so I can do my own reference drawings but so far I only have a drawing human anatomy book to work from. I need to put together a complete art training program for myself and then practice, practice, practice. I plan on getting a couple sketch pads and carrying one all the time and sketching every chance I get.

Why?

Well at the ripe old age of 42 I decided I like art, and Maya modeling. To late to make a career of it maybe, but I wish to get as good as I can because I love the creativity I have with Maya and the satisfaction of being able to bring something from a simple idea and 2D drawing to life! (and I don't believe in doing anything half way!)

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ctbram; 18-04-2004 at 02:56 AM.