Thread: GLock 18
View Single Post
# 7 25-02-2009 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber
which game engine are you using? i know when i was working with Steam (ick) there was a plug-in to export stuff out to the engine and it would turn it into triangles. (although i used XSI rather than Maya for that)

there do seem to be a lot of edge loops that aren't even needed, i would point it out but i dont know where a mac's paint program is...

also, when you show wireframe you should just screen capture wireframe on shaded

i'm also going to say that this model is most likely doable within 2000 polys... actually i'd go so far as to say its doable in 500 (i'm not going to prove it, i'm just guessing)

if this is for an FPS game that the player will use then you don't actually need those faces at the front there, because the player will never see them.
but if the gun is going to be lying on the ground and in an enemies hand then have a model with all the faces

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D