Thread: webcounter
View Single Post
# 11 27-06-2003 , 07:26 AM
Subscriber
thanks for the feedback user added image

Originally posted by Vectorman

My point is that i don't like the fact that it confused me, but more that i like the fact it did what it was supposed to, and i didn't even know it!! I love getting my mind messed with, it opens me and and allows me to see more......

that is great it served its purpose. everybody can do with a good laugh. you expect it to stop, but it does not. maybe my "you can see it in action on my homepape" was a bit mean. :p

Originally posted by M
yea babyduck, this is nice! ... If you go too slow, your animation after a while will just loop and go back to normal and that can be caught by the eye really easily. Nice job user added image.

i was going for a loop that could play endless. but i did not plan that the left wheel jumps at one point. and it looks like it changes rotation direction. i figured that i leave it that way as it makes it harder to notice it is just 15 frames for the loop. the movement of the wheels is too complex for the eye to obviously see it is looping - even if i only used 2 differant speeds and 2 directions. as for the motion blur: motion blur only works if you have at least 17 fps, so the eye adds the single frames to a motion. if framerate is slower it is just like a blurry slide show. and gif does not really allow to have pr colors. filesize was another issue - the more realism and better look you want, the bigger the file has to be - and for about 20 kb it is good enough for me.

thanks