Thread: Escape Studios
View Single Post
# 24 18-09-2004 , 03:31 PM
Like Tim_LIVID I have recently started the Maya Comprehensive Course at Escape Studios (actually he sits next to me). Unlike Tim - who is a mere child at the age of 20 - I have a first class degree in environmental engineering and have worked as a design engineer for the last seven years on projects all over the world.

I feel I'm far too old and fuzzy to spend several years on an animation degree course during which most of my time would be spent sleeping, drinking, playing computer games and watching daytime TV whilst munching sugar-puff sandwiches and smoking funny cigarettes all day (well, that's what happened first time round anyway!).

To echo earlier voices, Escape Studios is an excellent alternative for those who want to focus their 3D skills in Maya quickly and without the pain of prolonged studenthood. It's not the right choice for everyone, but it does offer a first class education in exactly 'what-you-need-to-know' taught by world-class industry professionals. I'm blown away by how much our tutor (Michael Ingrassia - Director of Digital World FX & man behind the Shortfilmmakers Alliance ) has crammed into our heads in just a week. It's amazing to watch a master at work.

I'm just annoyed that Tim_LIVID's apple was so much better than mine. grrrrr

My thumbs have gone weird