View Single Post
# 16 23-09-2004 , 05:18 PM
Subscriber
Really? Is that true? Everything new is now Mac-Compatible?

I just downloaded the cartoon dog step one and it was an AVI. Which is a format I did not even see mentioned in this string (I may have skipped over it)

You PC guys should really work on your issues about defensiveness whenever a Mac-person extends a request. We are not SimplyRagging on your platform of choice or your abilities. We just want to be able to spend money on your site.

Not to hard to figure out.

So, the person who posted "Mac *cough*" can kiss my a$$.
**(An ignorant, moronic statement posted in response to an ignorant, moronic statement.)

Encoding for cross-platform is not about Mac vs PC... it is about providing content suitable for any user so you make more money. So, ditch the attitude.

When I create product intended for PC users, I always create it on the Mac, port it over to my PC and check it for 100% compliance and compatibility. You should do the same.

And so you know, because the Dog tutorial was an AVI... I decided not to spend any money on the site because I felt that I would be wasting my money here... that is probably not true and seeing this string on this forum has clarified that... but most people will not look here after being burned.

Mac sales are 25% of Alias' Maya sales for a reason... because Macs are speedily catching up to Windows in the industry (they should bebe the industry IMO--but that is just me). But, that 25% will probably become 30%-40%-50% in the coming years with Apple's ingenious advancements and continuous speed over the PC. So, please keep that in mind.