View Single Post
# 1 18-06-2008 , 11:55 PM

Hold out matte for an object

Hi guys!

I'm having some problems when trying to create an hold out matte for an object. I have a scene of a lemon with liquid flowing over it. When i render in layers i obviously gets the liquid in one layer and the lemon in another layer (both in 4 passes each) When I'm suppose to compose this together in my composite package, in this instant after effects, I don't have the flexibility that i originally wanted. Either the liquidlayer over the lemon or vice versa, but I want to be able to put the lemon where it is inside of maya, inside of the liquid flow, hence i need to create an matte inside of maya which knocks out part of the liquid so i can simply put it over the lemon and then have another layer that flows behind the lemon.

As I'm writing this I can see that my question is kind of hard to grasp, but hopefully you guys will understand what I mean.

EDIT:
Solved! Pretty basic stuff. Didn't though of changing the matte opacity mode to "black hole". I did it and it turned out exactly how i wanted it.

Thanks in advance!

"I never smile if i can help it. Showing ones teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a Chimpanzee begging for its life"

Last edited by hybrid; 19-06-2008 at 12:03 AM.