Thread: Bad rotation
View Single Post
# 1 11-11-2002 , 05:21 PM

Bad rotation

Hello, Guys

I´m having a bit of problem with the axis in some object I´ve been practicing Maya with. I figured if it´s going to keep happening I might as well see why it happens and how to fix it right?

In this image you can see I´ve got two parented polygons. At some early stage of modelling I changed their pivot points so I could rotate them at the correct point. I did this for both polys. After modelling the rest -not seen here- I discovered a bizzare behaviour when it came to rotating. For example, if you evaluate the first image, you´ll see that after rotating the X handle in the direction shown by the arrow, the figure moves in the correct direction Now notice the second one. When rotating the X handle in the direction shown by the arrow, the figure rotates ... in the oposite direction!

Is there any way of changing that? What causes this problem? How can I prevent it from happening?

Thanks guys!

-I just noticed, the fancy effect I made for the images is wrong in the second one, just follow the arrows direction and you´ll get the idea.-

adldesigner
Caracas, Venezuela
Hell .. not gone perse, but with a certainly lower post count per day.