Thread: dino_chick
View Single Post
# 75 11-01-2010 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber
didnt have time to write as much as i wanted to earlier, i was runnin late for work.

Mikey: I think it doesnt help that I darkened the outline of the doorway, so the contrast against the light even adds to the brightness. I shall tone that layer down a bit. I dont know if you have followed this thread but the idea is that all these creatures are coming out of the boat/galleon/slave-ship and being led to market, so I wanted to get across the idea that there was some habitated place inside the hull. I guess it might be seen as coming across a little more like a furnace.

I wasnt sure at first if you meant, whats supposed to be the anchor rope, hanging down on the right side of the boat, because the shadow at the bottom of it could be seen as some kind of cartoony foot. I think that its quite a weak part of the picture, and am thinking I should put more shadow from the boat around that patch of water.

Im thinking of taking a break for a few days. Im off to center parcs this friday for the weekend. I havnt half been obsessing over this picture for the last couple of weeks, looking at it while im in bed falling asleep, first thing when i wake up, checking this thread on my phone throughout the day. A little bit of overkill I think...