View Single Post
# 1 01-01-2007 , 04:51 AM

Special Bump mapping?

Hi all, I´m back with a new question.
This time It´s about bump mapping.
After I´ve discovered a tutorial of Lightwave 3d about bump mapping I´ve read some very interesting lines:

"Most of the time creating the color map before the bump map is the easiest thing to do. In this case, the basis of the color mapping is the bump maps. For that reason, creating the bumps first will serve as a guide for painting in the color later.
Using the newly created UV template from the previous step, create a new layer in your paint program to begin painting the actual bump map. (You will probably want to key back the UV layer so that the UV lines don't get confused with your new bump layer.) A project such as this can be extremely painstaking, but remember that you get out what you put in."

-> view the full article here: https://images.google.de/imgres?imgur...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

In this article it seems to be possible creating a special bump map for your object. In this case it was used to create the flakes of the raptor.
My question is whether this is also possible in Maya. And if it is possible how can I do it ?
Thanks for all responses.

Hä?