Thread: lamp outside
View Single Post
# 4 17-03-2009 , 08:16 AM
Subscriber
Lamp looks good i think you could have spent more time on everything else in the image tho. It seems like you put a lot of effort into the lamp getting it looking great then went ahh that will do.

Is the bulb the only source of light in the image as it wouldnt be in real life. It seems a night shot so you would also have light from the moon or other lamps in the street (and light from inside the building) so your shadow will never be that strong.

Also as your going for a european look a vine on the wall i think could have been better or even putting up some war/propaganda posters and just more interest into the scene.

I read somewhere (ive forgotten where) that images should either tell a story or just look great and it just feels like yours should be telling some war time story or something.

Finally the slats in the window would also be wood exactly the same as the frames.

Dont take my comments personally they are just crits and the lamp looks good which i think was the main purpose of the image.

T