View Single Post
# 6 09-05-2007 , 10:45 PM
mastone: It was the combine and not boolean (good question). I tried several times because I thought it was just really odd as it's never done that before. Also, when I did the mirror geom, the verts did not merge. I had to merge each pair individually.

R@nSiD: Unfortunately in the one case, the geo disappeared when I tried to combine (hope it's the last). I'll definitely stick to the combine / merge verts method after you, mastone and gster all say the same thing. Thanks

gster123: I like the idea of all the verts merging at once but now after I think about more, I'd always be afraid that one pair would't merge. That's usually how my luck goes (hehe). I might try it out for awhile and then double check the verts to make sure they all merge. If I can get the settings just right so that I get good feelings, I'll probably use it because I think faster is better (without compromising quality of course). Perhaps I could start a log of settings for each type of application (hmm).

Thanks everyone!!!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!