View Single Post
# 1 22-01-2008 , 07:32 AM

Rendering Problem - Please Help

Hello everyone, I tried to research these forums and the web for my question but I did not find anything helpful or revelant.

Basically I am working with Maya Unlimited 8.0 on my computer. (College class wants us to use this version) Anyways, I am new to maya but I kept running into this problem, a problem that my teacher couldnt give me much help on.

Anyways, I made a project that would show a soft ball and a hard ball bouncing, very simple, only 66 frames at 24fps, so basically a 2-3 second movie. When I go to batch render into an .AVI format, my computer renders 2 files. For some reason I get these extensions: example.avi.ng and example.avi.tmp. The program has told me it was done rendering and the avi.tmp file still remains. Anyways, I cannot play any files, even if I alter the extension to .avi. Also I have tried to play these rendered formats on windows XP since I am running windows vista, and it still cannot be played. Any advice would be helpful and very appreciated how to fix this problem, thank you for your time.