View Single Post
# 1 28-08-2008 , 07:04 AM

Poly to subdiv problem?

Im working on the human form tut(STILL!) and ive gotten to the point where i have to convert poly to subdivs, when I click apply i get a script error.

polyToSubdiv -ap 0 -ch off -aut on -maxPolyCount 4000 -maxEdgesPerVert 32 |polySurface4|polySurfaceShape5;
// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): The conversion to a subdivision surface failed:
// This polygon contains an interior vertex connected by less than 3 edges.
// To fix the problem, either remove the edge with the interior vertex, or subdivide the polygon so that the interior vertex has at least 3 edges.
// The indices of the vertices in question are: 537. //
// Error: Command polyToSubdiv failed. Open Script Editor for details. //

I have no idea how to fix this, is there a way to pinpoint ver 537? i have no idea.

Also i was cleaning up the mess and what not and there was a random TRI in there and i cant delete it, ive tried deleting it by edge, verts, with the delete button, then i tried selecting it all then going mesh(menu) delete vert/edge and it doesnt work either, so i just pulled it away from the mesh, and left it be somewhere off in the plane, it is linked to the mesh though because when i select the mesh in object mode, the tri shows up, i have no idea how to delete it, could that also cause the problem?

Thanks

EDIT : I was able to delete the try, still saying 537 is the vert in question, i was messing with the script editor, and couldnt get it to pinpoint vert 537, is there an easier way through a menu or something to select that individual vert?

Last edited by Goatfish; 28-08-2008 at 07:25 AM.